Philip Levitt, M.D. - Company Message
My Blog

One week of doctors' misdeeds in the news

In the proposal for my book,The Wrong Stuff, I mention that a new scandalous headline about bad doctors appears once a month. This was an underestimate, at least as far as this week of July 16, 2011, is concerned. The following stories were published while HHS and the state boards of medicine insist that most of the bad results in medicine are due to poor delivery systems. Here's the list for this week:

• In Illinois a new law went into effect to revoke permanently the licenses of health care practitioners convicted of sex crimes. Over the years 16 doctors and chiropractors retained their licenses despite convictions. Doctors who battered patients were placed on probation with little oversight.
  • In Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania, Excela Corporation had to tell 141 patients that unnecessary heart stents had been placed in them by Dr. Ehab Morcos or Dr. George Bousamra  at one of their hospitals in the Pittsburgh area.
  • The American Academy of Pediatrics announced that it had issued its first policy on protecting children from sexual abuse by pediatricians.One of the advisories is that parents should be told that they have the right to have a chaperone present when their child is examined.
  • Despite six opportunities to catch the error doctors transplanted a kidney from a donor with known Hepatitis C in Pittsburgh. Both the lead surgeon and the transplant nephrologist are blamed.
  • There is a dramatic nationwide increase in cesarean sections. One obstetrical expert commented: "Cesarean section should be done at the right time and for the right reason.Some cesarean sections are being done too early and not for the right reason. Convenience for the woman or her doctor isn't the right reason."
   One of the key themes of my book, The Wrong Stuff  is that the Institute of Medicine was wrong to place so much blame on flawed delivery systems and not enough on flawed practitioners. They distorted the scientific results of some of their own authors.  I think the above list speaks for itself.

14 Comments to One week of doctors' misdeeds in the news:

Comments RSS
thc testing on Tuesday, April 2, 2013 6:05 AM
Your blog has always attracted me and this particular post left me speechless. It is one of the best pieces of writing I have seen. Good job.

dissertation proposal writing service on Monday, June 25, 2018 5:55 AM
I am a very big fan of playing fighting games on computer. Fighting games like taken 3 and many more are absolutely very good, interesting and entertaining for the players who play these games on their PCs. The game which I have played most in my life is taken 3.

Buy Cancer Drugs Online on Friday, August 9, 2013 8:55 AM
It's really nice information provided by you. Thanks for sharing this with us.

ENT surgeon in Europe on Wednesday, February 19, 2014 12:58 AM
After reading your blog post I am inspired with the writing and looking forward to write a blog on the same including my view points. I will share my writing content soon! About this blog post, very informative and inspiring as well. Good Job!

Star Wars Jacket on Monday, August 13, 2018 6:22 AM
It was really good work. I really like your thoughts.I personally appreciates for your work.your article is very impressive and helpful for us. Hope you will share these kinds of things with us also in future.

Tjahjadi Rahardja on Sunday, January 13, 2019 11:10 PM
pria dewasa, berjalan di tepi pisau. Tidak menyenanlink 3 agen plat high tensile sm490 yb agen plat high tensile sm490ya agen plat kapal agen plat stainless ss304 agen plat stainless ss310 agen plat stainless ss316 agen plat sumihard agen round bar besi aisi 440s45c agen round bar scm440 agen steel rail undangan pernikahan undangan pernikahan Distributor plat besi hitam Distributor plat besi hitam undangan pernikahan bentuk tas Agen besi beton interworld steel is undangan pernikahan modern Toko Plat Bordes Kembang Distributor Pipa Besi baja Schedule Sch 40 Distributor besi cnp baja Harga plat besi hitam Harga plat besi hitam undangan pernikahan biru Agen besi beton gunung garuda undangan pernikahan biasa Toko Plat Besi Hitam Supplier Pipa Besi baja Schedule Sch 40 Harga besi cnp baja www.pusatbesibaja.co.id Jual plat besi hitam Jual plat besi hitam undangan pernikahan biasa sewa villa bukit danau Agen besi beton delcoprima undangan pernikahan bahasa inggris islam Toko Plat Kapal Bki Krakatau Steel Agen Pipa Besi baja Schedule Sch 40 Jual besi cnp baja www.pusatbesibaja.com Supplier plat besi hitam Supplier plat besi hitam undangan pernikahan bagus Agen besi beton cakra steel cs undangan pernikahan cantik elegan Toko Jual Besi Siku Baja Toko Pipa Besi baja Schedule Sch 40 Supplier besi cnp baja Toko plat besi hitam Toko plat besi hitam undangan pernikahan bermanfaat Agen besi beton bjku undangan pernikahan akrilik Toko Besi Unp Baja Profil Kanal Jual Pipa Besi baja Schedule Sch 40 Toko besi cnp baja Supplier besi beton Sni Ulir Polos polos ulir Agen plat besi hitam Agen plat besi hitam undangan pernikahan akrilik Agen besi beton Sni Ulir Polos undangan pernikahan bentuk dompet Toko Besi Cnp Profil Baja Gording Harga Pipa Besi baja Schedule Sch 40 Agen besi cnp baja Supplier besi beton sii Pabrik plat besi hitam Pabrik plat besi hitam undangan pernikahan anti mainstream Agen besi beton ais undangan pernikahan coklat Toko Besi Hollow Pabrik Pipa Besi baja Schedule Sch 40 Pabrik besi cnp baja Supplier besi beton psi Ulir Polos Toko besi cnp baja Toko besi cnp baja undangan pernikahan coklat undangan pernikahan biasa Agen Besi Pipa Baja Schedule 80 Jual Stainless steel Toko besi beton krakatau steel Agen besi cnp baja Agen besi cnp baja undangan pernikahan cantik dan murah Agen besi beton Sni Ulir Polos polos ulir undangan pernikahan bunga Agen Besi Pipa Baja Schedule 40 Harga Stainless steel Toko besi beton jcac Pabrik besi cnp baja Pabrik besi cnp baja undangan pernikahan casual Agen besi beton sii undangan pernikahan artis Agen Pipa Besi Hitam Medium Pabrik Stainless steel Toko besi beton interworld steel is Distributor besi h beam baja Distributor besi h beam baja undangan pernikahan contoh Agen besi beton psi Ulir Polos undangan pernikahan modern

mink individual eyelashes on Wednesday, May 8, 2019 11:42 PM
3d mink eyelash vendors

3d mink lash vendors on Wednesday, May 8, 2019 11:43 PM
good fake eyelashes

3d mink lash vendors on Wednesday, May 8, 2019 11:43 PM
Wow lots of superb facts.

mink lash extensions on Wednesday, May 8, 2019 11:43 PM
I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having problems finding one? Thanks a lot!

Fortnite Phone Case on Wednesday, May 8, 2019 11:44 PM
Wow lots of superb facts.

webstagram on Thursday, June 20, 2019 2:00 AM
These type of articles keeps the users interest in the website, and keep on sharing more. I love your posting style and must want to say thanks for making this post.

www.danezon.com on Thursday, November 21, 2019 5:25 AM
This is the first time that I visit here. I found so many exciting matters in this particular blog . One thing I would like to request you that please keep posting such type of informatics blog. Thank you

Rocky Tiger Jacket on Wednesday, January 15, 2020 10:23 AM
It was a genuinely appropriate effort. I clearly like your thoughts, In my opinion, appreciates your paintings.your article is very superb and beneficial for us. wish you will percentage these types of things with us additionally in the future.